What Projects Qualify
- Small home improvement and repairs
- Appliance repairs and purchases
- Major vehicle repair or purchase*
- Medical equipment*
- Home accessibility projects and purchases*
*Loans must relate to housing sustainability
How Habitat can help
If you meet the Microfinance Program requirements, Habitat can provide an affordable loan up to $2,000. Funds may be used to address “quality of life” issues for Southeast Ohio residents in order to maintain and sustain their current housing.
You are responsible for selecting the building materials or appliance and/or contractor, electrician, plumber, and HVAC repair people to complete your project as well as seeking prices/quotes from those reputable vendors, contractors, electricians, plumbers, and HVAC repair people.
Have your lived in one of the following counties for at least one year?
Current Habitat Homeowners in the above counties are eligible as long as you have been in your house for one year or more.
Funds may also be used for projects completed by other nonprofits, such as GoodWorks or churches.
Microfinance Programs is not an emergency loan nor is it for rent, mortgage payments, utilities payments, or payday advances.
Do you have the ability to pay?
Are you able to:
- Pay a $15 application fee
- Make the first payment prior to funds being released
- Repay the loan within 12 months
- Is your income (before taxes) between 20 and 90 percent of the area median income
Income Guidelines (Before Taxes) Income Guidelines (Before Taxes)
Fairfield County: All other Counties:
Family Size Yearly Gross Income Family Size Yearly Gross Income
One (1) $11,788 – $53,044 One (1) $9,125 – $41,063
Two (2) $13,475 – $60,638 Two (2) $10,425 – $46,913
Three (3) $15,163 – $68,231 Three (3) $11,725 – $52,763
Four (4) $16,838 – $75,769 Four (4) $13,025 – $58,613
Five (5) $18,188 – $81,844 Five (5) $14,075 – $63,338
Six (6) $19,538 – $87,919 Six (6) $15,113 – $68,006
You must not have:
- Any outstanding judgments or bankruptcies in process or
- A total monthly dept that exceeds 43 percent of your total monthly income.
- Habitat will check your credit history and run a criminal background check.
If you request a loan for your home does your property fit the below criteria?
- Do you own the property (or have a legal land contract) and home?
- Are you current on your property taxes?
- If you have a mortgage, are you current on your monthly payments?
- If you own a mobile home, projects will be approved at the discretion of Habitat.
How to apply
Request that an application is mailed to you by completing the form below or calling (740) 592-0032 ext. 109