Do you have a small home improvement project?
- Replacement of countertops, cabinets, flooring, doors, windows, etc.
- Repair (if manufactured within the last 15 years) or replacement of appliances
- Repair of porches, decks, roof, etc.
- Upgrades for energy efficiency
- Accessibility projects (e.g., ramp)
How Habitat can help
If you meet the Microfinance Program requirements, Habitat can provide an affordable loan up to $1,500 (includes a 5 percent administrative fee, which means that the spendable amount is up to $1,425). Funds may be used to address “quality of life” issues for Southeast Ohio residents in order to maintain and sustain their current housing.
You are responsible for selecting the building materials or appliance and/or contractor, electrician, plumber, and HVAC repair people to complete your project as well as seeking prices/quotes from those reputable vendors, contractors, electricians, plumbers, and HVAC repair people.
Have your lived in one of the following counties for at least one year?
Current Habitat Homeowners in the above counties are eligible as long as you have been in your house for one year or more.
Does your project fit within the scope of the program?
Examples of projects that could qualify (not an exhaustive list and funding approval is at Habitat’s discretion): replace kitchen countertops and/or cabinets, repair/replace/install porch or deck, replace flooring, replace interior door(s), purchase temporary wheelchair ramp, repair/replace furnace or water heater, repair/replace washer and/or dryer, install grab bar(s), upgrade/replace window(s) or door(s), repair/replace dishwasher, paint exterior, repair/replace AC, repair roof, upgrade lighting for energy efficiency, repair/replace drywall, or modify for ADA accessibility.
At Habitat’s discretion, Habitat may consider projects that address Code Violations or the professional installation of previously purchased materials.
Funds may also be used for projects completed by other nonprofits, such as GoodWorks or churches.
Microfinance Programs is not an emergency loan nor is it for rent, mortgage payments, utilities payments, or payday advances.
Do you have the ability to pay?
Are you able to:
- Pay a $15 application fee,
- Make the first payment prior to funds being released, and
- Repay the loan within 12 months?
- Is your income (before taxes) between 20 and 80 percent of the area median income
Family Size Yearly Gross Income (before taxes)
One (1) $8,600 – $34,400
Two (2) $9,830 – $39,360
Three (3) $11,070 – $44,240
Four (4) $12,270 – $49,120
Five (5) $13,270 – $52,120
Six (6) $14,230 – $57,040
Seven (7) $15,230 – $60,960
Eight (8) $16,190 – $64,880
You must not have:
- Any outstanding judgments or bankruptcies in process or
- A total monthly dept that exceeds 43 percent of your total monthly income.
- Habitat will check your credit history and run a criminal background check.
Does your property fit the below criteria?
- Do you own the property (or have a legal land contract) and home?
- Are you current on your property taxes?
- If you have a mortgage, are you current on your monthly payments?
- If you own a mobile home, projects will be approved at the discretion of Habitat.
How to apply
Request that an application is mailed to you by completing the form below or calling (740) 592-0032 ext. 109