How Habitat can help
If you meet the Microfinance Program requirements, Habitat can provide an affordable loan up to $2,000. Funds may be used to address “quality of life” issues for Southeast Ohio residents in order to maintain and sustain their current housing. They include, but are not limited to:
- Small home improvement and repairs
- Appliance repairs and purchases
- Major vehicle repair or purchase*
- Medical equipment*
- Home accessibility projects and purchases*
*Need must relate to housing sustainability
You are responsible for selecting the building materials or appliance and/or contractor, electrician, plumber, and HVAC repair people to complete your project as well as seeking prices/quotes from those reputable vendors, contractors, electricians, plumbers, and HVAC repair people.
The Microfinance Program is not an emergency loan nor is it for rent, mortgage payments, utility payments, or payday advances.
Have you lived in one of the following counties for at least one year?
Current Habitat Homeowners in the above counties are eligible as long as you have been in your house for one year or more.
Funds may also be used for projects completed by other nonprofits, such as GoodWorks or churches.
Are you able to:
- Make the first payment prior to the funds being released
- Repay the loan within 12 months
- Is your income (before taxes) between 20 and 90% of the area median income
You must not have:
- Any outstanding judgments or bankruptcies in process or
- A total monthly dept that exceeds 43 percent of your total monthly income.
- Habitat will check your credit history and run a criminal background check.
If you request a loan for your home does your property fit the below criteria:
- Do you own the property (or have a legal land contract) and home?
- Are you current on your property taxes?
- If you have a mortgage, are you current on your monthly payments?
*If you own a mobile home, projects will be approved at the discretion of Habitat.
Income Guidelines (Before Taxes)
20% – 90% Area Median Income
|Fairfield County Family Size||Minimum Income||Maximum Income|
|All Other Counties Family Size||Minimum Income||Maximum Income|